Consultant for study visa extension in Ottawa

ZeeOverseas is a group of seasoned and authorized immigration and citizenship experts that has been assisting professionals, businessmen, and family members of permanent residents and citizens in making Canada, Australia, the USA, the UK, and various European countries their home. The consultants have helped hundreds of people move to Canada to start a new life and their families. They carefully analyze your academic background, technical qualifications and training, current circumstance, and personal goals to order to decide which services are ideally suited for you and your family. They respond quickly and accurately to your questions or concerns, ensuring you can stay stress-free. The Super Visa Program allows parents and grandparents to come to Canada as long-term visitors. Thus successful applicants will not be required to renew their visitor visa every six months, as they will be granted a multi-entry visitor visa valid for two years at a time with an expiry date of up to 10 years. You can apply online or on paper to get a parent and grandparent super visa. There are also specific requirements that you must meet to be able to apply.

How to Apply for a Canada Study Permit Extension?

If you have decided to extend your study permit, then you must start the process at least 30 days before it expires. You can either apply online or submit your documents on paper. To make the process easier, it is recommended that you apply online. If you decide to apply on paper, then you must follow the same process outlined below, but you must also contact the government of the province you are living in to find out where you should mail your documents.

To apply for an extension of your study permit, you must follow these steps:

  1. Login to your account on the Government of Canada website. If you do not have an account, then you can create one through your bank account details of through the Government of Canada Key (GCKey).
  2. Start your application for the extension of your study permit by going to this link.
  • Submit the necessary forms such as:
    • IMM 5709 – Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Student;
    • IMM 5409 – Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union if you have a common-law partner that you would like to remain with you in Canada;
    • IMM 5646 – Custodian Declaration if you have a child studying in Canada under the custody of another person;
    • IMM 5476 – Use of a Representative if you are using a representative of you for the application purposes.

In the application form, you will be required to write the document number on the study permit. This is also called a Unique Client Identifier (UCI), which you will find on your study permit or on any letter that has been sent to you by the Canadian Government.

  • With these forms, you will also have to attach supporting documents like the ones required on the initial Canada study permit application

All the documents must be in English or French and if they have been translated, you must provide proof that the translation is correct. If you are from a country that requires a visa to enter Canada, then you may also be asked to submit your biometric information. The Canadian Consulate will contact you to set an appointment and you must attend it. If you are from a country that does not require a visa to enter Canada, but only an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), then you will not need to submit your biometrics until the year 2019.

The supporting documents and application forms must then be submitting either online using your Government of Canada account login or mail them to the appropriate authorities.