ZeeOverseas is a group of certified and authorized immigration and citizenship experts that has been assisting professionals, business people, and family members of permanent residents and citizens in making Canada, Australia, the USA, the UK, and various European countries their home. The consultants have helped hundreds of people move to Canada to start a new life and their families. They carefully analyze your academic background, technical qualifications and training, current circumstance, and personal goals to decide which services are ideally suited for you and your family. They respond quickly and accurately to your questions or concerns, ensuring you can stay stress-free.
What is a Student Visa
A student visa is a kind of official document issued to students to help them enter different countries and pursue education. It is a type of non-immigrant visa and any prospective student who wants to pursue higher education in another country should get a student visa for that country. A student visa is a must to study aboard.
It is a multiple entry visa and remains valid till the time of completion of your study abroad.
Student Visa Types
There are different types of student visas and based on your circumstances you can choose one. In Australia, there are 7 different types of student visas whereas the USA offers 3 different types of student visas including F1, M1, and J1 visas. F1 Visa is issued to students planning to engage in academic studies in the USA at an approved school or accredited US University or college.
M1 is issued for those who want to engage in vocational activities or training at US Universities. And A J-1 visa is issued to professors, research scholars, and exchange visitors who take part in educational programs participating that promote cultural exchange. The USA student visa is a type of non-immigrant visa.
Likewise, India offers multi-travel student visas to genuine students to pursue studies in India. India also issues provisional student visas based on the provisional nature of your admission to Indian institutions.
Student Visa Eligibility
The eligibility conditions of student visas differ from country to country. Besides, the same country may set a slightly different set of eligibility conditions for different nations. Your course of study and the type of school you plan to attend determine the exact type of visa you need. Besides, it needs to be approved by your academic institution abroad.
The following eligibility conditions apply when you apply for a Student Visa:
- Visa applications should be accepted and approved by the school authority.
- You need to prove that you have enough money to pay for your tuition fees and bear the cost of living for yourself and any family members who accompany you to a particular destination.
- Having a good past academic record and history
- Must be able to qualify the character requirements.
- You fulfill health requirements set by the destination country and your ability to purchase health insurance coverage if needed.
Documents to be shown during Student Visa Interview
The following documents are to be shown at the time of the student visa interview:
- Valid passport/ previously issued passports.
- Recent passport size photograph.
- Visa application fee receipts.
- DS-160 confirmation page (in case of US Student Visa).
- VFS appointment letter.
- SEVIS receipt and I-120 (in case of US Student Visa).