Zee Overseas is a group of certified and authorized immigration and citizenship experts assisting professionals, business people, and family members of permanent residents and citizens in making Canada, Australia, the USA, the UK, and various European countries their home. The consultants have helped hundreds of people move to Canada to start a new life and their families. They carefully analyze your academic background, technical qualifications and training, current circumstance, and personal goals to decide which services suit you and your family. They respond quickly and accurately to your questions or concerns, ensuring you stay stress-free.
Many foreign nationals chasing their dreams are wondering how to immigrate to Canada. But the Canadian government’s rules for settling here are complex and hard to navigate. Put our immigration expertise and legal services to work for your project. We’ll verify your eligibility for the available work or study permit applications and find the most suitable Canadian immigration program for you.
Canada is a country filled with opportunities for all individuals seeking to settle down there. Whether you are coming to study, visit, or work, there are numerous pathways to reach your immigration goals. In some cases, many foreigners decide they would like to become permanent residents and eventually Canadian citizens down the road.
Canadian Citizenship Requirements
To become a Canadian citizen, most applicants must:
- be a permanent resident
- have lived in Canada for at least 3 out of the last 5 years (1,095 days)
- have filed your taxes, if you need to
- pass a citizenship test
- prove your language skills in English or French Furthermore, the following issues could affect your eligibility:
- You have outstanding terms and conditions on your permanent resident status
- You have a criminal record or face charges inside or outside Canada for a criminal offense
- You have received an order to leave Canada
- You have been refused Canadian citizenship because of misrepresentation
- Your Canadian citizenship has been revoked
How to Apply for Canadian Citizenship
- Get an application package
The application package includes the instruction guide and all the forms you need to fill out. Use the instruction guide and the document checklist to make sure you don’t miss anything. Make sure you use a version of the application form dated October 2017 or later.
2. Pay the application fees
Your fees depend on whether you’re an adult (age 18 and over) or a minor. Your fees may include:
- the processing fee
- the right of citizenship fee
If you’re submitting more than one application at the same time, you can pay all the fees together.
3. Submit your application
You must be eligible for Canadian citizenship the day before you sign the application form.