Zee Overseas is a group of certified and authorized immigration and citizenship experts assisting professionals, business people, and family members of permanent residents and citizens in making Canada, Australia, the USA, the UK, and various European countries their home. The consultants have helped hundreds of people move to Canada to start a new life and their families. They carefully analyze your academic background, technical qualifications and training, current circumstance, and personal goals to decide which services suit you and your family. They respond quickly and accurately to your questions or concerns, ensuring you stay stress-free.
Many foreign nationals chasing their dreams are wondering how to immigrate to Canada. But the Canadian government’s rules for settling here are complex and hard to navigate. Put our immigration expertise and legal services to work for your project. We’ll verify your eligibility for the available work or study permit applications and find the most suitable Canadian immigration program.
A study permit is a document issued by Canadian immigration authorities that serves as permission for foreign students to study in Canada. International students cannot study in Canada without getting a valid study permit. Apart from this, students who get a study permit are allowed to enroll in Designated Learning Institutions. A Designated Learning Institution (DLI) is an educational institution that has received approval from a provincial or territorial government to host international students.
Getting the Canada Study Visa
You are required to carry the Letter of Introduction along with all the specified documents to Canada. At the airport, you would meet with an Immigration Officer. Present the Passport and the Letter of Introduction to the border control agency officer who would then validate the same and if found adequate, issue you your Study Permit.
Eligibility Criteria for Canada Student Visa
You can apply for a Canada Study Visa if you fulfill the following criteria:
- You must qualify as a fully vaccinated traveler. AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD, Bharat Biotech Covexin, etc. are some of the accepted vaccines.
- You have been accepted by a designated learning institute (DLI).
- You need to prove that you have adequate funds to pay for: your tuition fee, living expenses for yourself and family members who accompany you to Canada, and return transportation for yourself and any family members who accompany you to Canada
- You need to prove that you have a clean background and no criminal record. The aspirants need to produce a police verification certificate to prove this.
- You need to do a health checkup and produce a medical certificate that certifies that you are in good health.
Also at the time of the visa interview, you need to convince the visa officer that you will leave Canada once you complete your studies.
Which documents are required for Canada Student Visa?
You should apply for a student visa after you get the college acceptance letter. You should begin with the visa process around June if aiming at the September intake. The following are the documents needed to apply For Canada Student Visa.
You would need a Valid Passport to be able to apply for a Study Permit. As of the Canadian High Commission, it is important that you have a passport whose validity covers the intended stay in Canada. For instance, if you plan to travel to Canada in September 2022 for a two-year course, your passport should be valid until at least September 2024.
- Proof of Acceptance by a Designated Learning Institution
You would need the acceptance letter from the university/institute you are planning to attend. A Designated Learning Institute is a University that is recognized by the Immigration Department. In case you are applying for Quebec, you would also need a CAQ (Québec Acceptance Certificate). It is issued by the Quebec Government. Your university or college will provide you with the details of the CAQ application. However, if your studies are for less than 6 months, you do not require a CAQ.
- Proof of Funds
At the time of application for your Study Permit, you would have to show proof of funds. As per the present standards, you would have to prove that you would have enough funds to pay our tuition fees as well as take care of living expenses. Canadian Immigration deems a student would require at least CAD 10,000 for every year of their stay. Apart from the above two, the student would also have to prove that he/she has enough funds for a return fair as well. Funds can be proven with the help of the following:
- Canadian bank account
- Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from a participating Canadian financial institution
- A student loan or education loan
- Bank statements for the past 4 months
- Bank draft (it should be convertible to Canadian dollars)
- Proof of paid tuition and housing fee
- Letter from a person or school that has provided you with funds
- Proof of funding paid from within Canada (in case of a scholarship or a Canadian-funded educational program)