Australia ranks amongst the best countries for travel and tourism. This visa lets you visit Australia:

  • to visit or for business visitor purposes
  • for up to three, six or 12 months.

The base application charge for this visa ranges from AUD135 to AUD340.

If you hold a certain passport, you might be able to apply for a free or cheaper visa.

The eVisitor (subclass 651) visa is free. You must be a passport holder of a certain country.

The Electronic Travel Authority (subclass 601) visa has an AUD20 service charge. You must be a passport holder of a certain country.

Basic Requirements:

You might be able to get this visa if you are travelling to Australia:

  • as a visitor
  • for business visitor activities
  • to visit family
  • on a tour with a registered travel agent from the People’s Republic of China.

If you are in Australia you can apply for the Tourist stream of the Visitor visa online provided you currently have a valid visa that does not have condition 8503 imposed.

If you are outside Australia only certain passport holders can apply for this visa online.

If you cannot apply online, you can lodge a paper application.

What this visa lets you do

This visa lets you come to Australia for a holiday or to visit family and friends.

  • You might be allowed to enter only once. If so, you will need to apply for a new visa if you want to return to Australia again after you leave.
  • You might be able to travel to and from Australia as many times as you want while your visa is valid, but the total time you spend in Australia cannot be more than the period of stay that you have been granted.

Documents required for Australian tourist visa: Value Tab:

Identity documents: Provide the pages of your current passport showing your photo, personal details and passport issue and expiry dates.

Genuine visitor documents : Provide as much proof as you can to show you are visiting Australia as a temporary visitor only. This could include:

Proof that you have reasons to return home such as:

  • a letter from your employer stating you plan to return to your job
  • proof that you study at a school, college or university in your home country
  • proof that you have immediate family members in your home country
  • proof that you can return home
  • proof that you own a house or other major assets in your home country

Additional documents for parents requesting a longer visa:

Parents and step-parents of Australian citizens or permanent residents who are requesting a visa that is valid for more than 12 months should provide us with a letter stating:

  • you are a parent or step-parent of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
  • you want to apply for a longer visa

You should also provide proof that your child is an Australian citizen or permanent resident.

We might ask you to provide proof you have adequate health insurance cover.

Translate: Have all non-English documents translated into English.

Types of Visitor Visa:

  • Visitor visa (subclass 600)
  • Electronic Travel Authority (subclass 601)
  • eVisitor (subclass 651)
  • Invitation letter for tourist visa

Contact us for Complete assessment and which type of visitor visa is applicable in your situation.

Book Your Consultation