Family Sponsorship – PR (Spouse, Partner, dependent childrens)

For hassle-free spouse immigration to Canada, trust Zee Overseas. Our expert team of spouse visa consultants provides professional assistance and guidance. You and your loved one can navigate the process smoothly with our support. Count on Zee Overseas for reliable and personalized immigration services. Contact us now for a successful journey to Canada together.

If you are a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen, you may be able to sponsor them to become a permanent resident under this program. Family reunification remains one of the main and important segment of the Canadian immigration system.

The Family Class Sponsorship Program reunites families by enabling adult permanent residents or citizens to sponsor a relative for immigration to Canada.

To be eligible, the person seeking sponsorship must be a:

Spouse, common-law or conjugal partner and/or Dependent child

The sponsorship can be from within Canada or Outside Canada.

If you’re eligible, you can sponsor your spouse, partner or dependent children to become permanent residents of Canada. If you do, you must be able to:

  • support them financially
  • make sure they don’t need social assistance from the government

Process of Spousal Sponsorship:

In order to sponsor your spouse as a Canadian PR, you will need to ensure that this process is highly important and needs expertise while the application is submitted. The sponsor needs to undertake and sign the sponsorship agreement.

The sponsorship agreement means that:

  • you’ll provide for the basic needs of your sponsored family members
  • The person you sponsor will make every effort to support themselves and their family members

When you apply, you’ll have to complete and sign a form that includes the undertaking and the sponsorship agreement.

Income requirement

In most cases, there isn’t an income requirement to sponsor your spouse or partner or dependent child. You only need to show that you have enough money to meet the income requirements if:

  • You’re sponsoring a dependent child that has 1 or more dependent children of their own, or
  • You’re sponsoring a spouse or partner that has a dependent child, and their dependent child has 1 or more children of their own.

There are two types of applications for Spouse and Common-Law Sponsorship

Outland Spousal Sponsorship:

Your application will be processed through the visa office in the sponsored spouse’s country of citizenship or where they legally reside (if outside Canada).  If you and your Spouse/Common-law partner live together in Canada, you can still apply under this category.  Applying under this category will make you eligible to Appeal a refusal. You will not have rights to appeal for an Inland Spousal Application.

Inland Spousal Sponsorship (Spouse or Common-Law in-Canada category):

Your application will be processed in Canada and you and your sponsor MUST live together. 

The person being sponsored MUST have temporary status in Canada as a worker, student, or visitor. 

The person being sponsored may be eligible for an Open Work Permit. OWP will allow the spouse to work until the processing of the application is complete.

You can sponsor the following persons and their dependent children (21 or younger) for Canadian Permanent Residence

  • Spouse (husband, wife, partner- marriage must be legally recognized)
  • Common-law Partner (person you are living with but not married to)
  • Conjugal Partner (if your partner does not qualify under the Spouse or Common-Law category but you are in a committed relationship equal to that of a marriage for at least 1 year. There must be extenuating circumstances why you cannot live together- job location, studying abroad, inability to obtain visa to Canada are NOT good enough reasons)
  • Canada recognizes same-sex marriages and partners and are eligible to apply under these 3 categories.

For details please contact: —–

Book Your Consultation