The B-1/B-2 visitor visa is for people traveling to the United States temporarily for business (B-1) or for pleasure or medical treatment (B-2).
Generally, the B-1 visa is for travelers consulting with business associates, attending scientific, educational, professional or business conventions/conferences, settling an estate or negotiating contracts.
The B-2 visa is for travel that is recreational in nature, including tourism, visits with friends or relatives, medical treatment and activities of a fraternal, social or service nature. Often, the B-1 and B-2 visas are combined and issued as one visa: the B-1/B-2.
While applying, the applicant must overcome this legal presumption by showing:
- That the purpose of the trip to the United States is for a temporary visit, such as business, pleasure, or medical treatment.
- That you plan to remain in the United States for a specific, limited period of time.
- Evidence of funds to cover your expenses while in the United States.
- That you have a residence outside the United States, as well as other binding social or economic ties, that will ensure your return abroad at the end of your visit.
You should bring the following documents to your interview. Original documents are always preferred over photocopies and you must bring these documents with you to the interview.
- Current proof of income, tax payments, property or business ownership, or assets.
- Your travel itinerary and/or other explanation about your planned trip.
- A letter from your employer detailing your position, salary, how long you have been employed, any authorized vacation, and the business purpose, if any, of your U.S. trip.
- Criminal/court records pertaining to any arrest or conviction anywhere, even if you completed your sentence or were later pardoned.
- Other important documents to prove your intent of visit to the USA. Contact Zee Overseas well ahead of time so our team can plan your journey to the USA.
For the details on the process, charges and timeline to apply please contact Zee Overseas and we will happy to put in our efforts to make this joureny memorable for you and your family.